- 2 batches of caramels
- fruitcake recipe #2 (less dried fruits, more candied traditional fruits)
- 2 batches of prickled green beans
- 1 batch of pickled asparagus
- lime vodka infusion sweetened to make it limcello.
11-13 weekend goals:
Between this, homework for two classes, and a project; it’s gonna be a long weekend.
53 pounds of canning jars and other assorted packaging is motoring (i’ll be damned if I splurge for air shipping for some jars!) its way here. 53 pounds. 2 boxes.
Also, just ordered 1.5 pounds of vanilla beans. WHO NEEDS THAT MANY VANILLA BEANS?? Not all for me though.
I turned to @aelerelean the other day and said “I really need to order these jars for the jellies.” I ordered them 45 minutes ago. I thought “awesome, I’m ahead of schedule!” I search my email for last year’s order: 11/10/2008. Ugh. Just barely ahead. Barely.
- 1 batch of caramels
- fruitcake #1 tested well
- Guinea pigs did not die/go blind